Friday, August 3, 2012

Get out the car, we're taking a joyride

In response to Cynthia’s post “Let’s Take a Joyride!” she goes in depth on how an expanded Austin MetroRail would be a great advantage for us and I couldn’t agree more.

Have you seen the gas prices lately? They are just burning a hole in my pocket and laughing at my sad face as I drive off from an overpriced gas station. With the growing population which means more cars and more unbearable traffic, Cynthia explained some great wins for riding public transportation.

Cynthia had some credible knowledge on our Austin MetroRail. Considering the fact she pointed out that most stops will leave you walking and by walking I mean you better have some good shoes on because your destination will be far. I agree that expanding the route could only have a good outcome considering the recent boom in population as shown by Cynthia’s article on the Texas census. An expanded route will get people where they need to go. This brings another one of her points out that an expanded Austin MetroRail “will get more car traffic out of the streets” and “will decrease pollution in the air.” How can someone say no to that!?  Texas traffic is unbearable and anything that can ease that slow snail moving traffic is awesome in my book.

Throughout her post she stated many more valid points on why she supports an expanded Austin MetroRail and I like how her statements can all be credited by the other article she had used. In my opinion I would definitely take that joyride and keep my pockets and the Earth happy.

No comments: